Archive for the
Globalization in the true sense indicates expansion. There is physical and virtual expansion of activities. With the use of internet and mobile devices, work space has also expanded. Work is no longer confined to specific premises; people can work while travelling, work from any part of the world and in collaboration with those partners who are within the premises of a business unit, or anywhere else. When work boundaries have been wiped out, it is essential to maintain perfect communication among the members who are working with each other. When they are all working on the same project from different locations, they must share information and have access to all the latest data continuously. This is where Microsoft SharePoint comes to assistance. It is a browser-based collaboration and document management platform, a content management system that allows groups to set up a centralized, password protected space for document sharing.
SharePoint Online is a cloud-based service that enables business people to share and collaborate with colleagues, partners, and customers. They can access internal sites, documents, and other information from anywhere—at the office, at home, or from a mobile device.
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server ( MOSS) is a portal-based platform. It allows collaborative creation, management and sharing documents. It enables users to create portals that include various applications and blogs. They can be accessed through a web browser.
Working with Microsoft SharePoint
The business people sign into the corporate account and open Microsoft 365. They get links to Newsfeed, One Drive, and sites in the app launcher navigation. They are the entry points that lead to SharePoint.
Newsfeed: Newsfeed allows you to start and maintain a conversation with your colleagues. A public newsfeed works like a micro blog and anyone who sees it can react to it. People can follow your post. Followers see you in the ‘following’ view, while others can see you only in the ‘everyone’ view. You can opt for the Team Site instead of public view if you prefer to limit yourself to a small group of people. You can add features like tags, links and videos to your posts. The people who are in the conversation only can reply to posts. You can keep some conversations locked so that anyone cannot reply to them although they can be viewed.
One Drive: Documents and other files can be safely stored on One Drive. They can be kept private or shared with colleagues. They can be accessed from mobile devices as well. They are stored on cloud and can be easily shared and synced. They can be instantly updated and several people can work on the same files simultaneously.
Sites: This enables you to find and access sites that you are following quickly and easily. The great advantage is that you can create your own special SharePoint online Team Site. All the team members can work on projects from different locations. The site includes files and documents, and data that can be customized to your needs. With the creation of a team site, an Office 365 group is created automatically and all team members get added to it. Hence, there is no need to create a separate e-mail distribution list.
7 ways to achieve more with Microsoft SharePoint
- Company website – A Living website: Keeping a company website updated is a difficult task. The key to website content is with programmers. Hence, the company has to depend upon them for revising and updating the website. Content creation is a matter of expertise and the programmers have to get the content approved. With Microsoft SharePoint Server, there is no need to depend upon programmers and no need of knowledge of HTML. Within minutes, changes can be made, announcements and notices circulated and secure content managed by setting up an internal approval system.
- Eco-friendly, paperless, professional communication: The current trend is to reduce paper work. Manual processing and management is being automated to the maximum possible extent. Companies often spend huge amounts on installing Business Process managements systems and further customizing them. With Microsoft SharePoint the workflow can be maintained smoothly without any kind of programming.
Professional automated work is possible and a lot of time and money is saved.
- Enterprise Search feature – When some important document is required and cannot be found quickly, everyone in the company becomes frantic searching at all possible locations and files. The experience is frustrating and fruitless. With enterprise search feature in Microsoft SharePoint, it is possible to create tags and meta tags with the help of which it is simple and fast to search through documents among the entire saved data.
- Unifying documents – Contracts, proposals, presentations are constantly revised and modified by employees as and when required. One person is not likely to know about changes made by some other. No one seems to know which the latest version is. In SharePoint, one can maintain a centralized repository. Anyone can store and access any documents provided they have the rights and privileges. One can work on a document without knowledge of someone else working on the same at some other location.
- Effective communication – Interaction with vendors, partners and clients becomes effective and productive with Microsoft SharePoint. Updates regarding changes in policies, prices can be shared among concerned people without asking for them, without sending mails.
- Intranet – In most companies, data is generated, archived and managed within departments. For growth and expansion of business, it has t be circulated on a wider scale. Collaboration across departments can speed up important procedures. This is possible only with SharePoint.
- Connecting apps – With a single sign-in feature that comes with SharePoint Business Connectivity Services, one can access all data from various apps and PCs at one place and save a lot of time gathering it just before an important meeting. External data can be accessed without multiple authentications.
Microsoft SharePoint has changed the concept of communication and interaction in business. Working with a business partner like Zerone HiTech has further advantages. You need not appoint any expert consultant for implementation of SharePoint. Zerone HiTech is a reliable and affordable third party option that provides complete support from end to end. With Microsoft SharePoint you can get valuable business insights and improve communication across business points.
Business conditions keep changing frequently. It implies that businessmen must adopt changes and invest in new solutions and technology that are reliable and more convenient to use. Microsoft Share Point is a flexible collaboration platform that can be customized to suit your needs. With the world going digital, it has become a necessity to reach out to customers through social media. With Share Point 2013, you can expand upon previous website management facilities like shared calendars, blogs, document libraries, surveys, task lists and wikis. Hence it is rightly called ‘Share Point’. When it comes to business, there is continuity in the system. You cannot remain static. Upgrading, modification, improvement and enhancement are typical characteristics of successful business enterprises. The software in use has to be changed or replaced accordingly. As new revised versions come up, they must be adopted and the old ones must be replaced. Every new software or version has something better to offer to enhance the overall status of business activities. Installing Microsoft Share Point 2013 gives you an opportunity to enhance your business by offering new features.
Enhancing Features of Microsoft Share Point 2013
- It offers added social media capabilities.
- With basic knowledge of Java Script and HTML, any IT staff can create a brand site in little time, saving on internal support expense. With Microsoft Share Point 3013, the process has become simple. There is no need of style sheets and complicated designer templates.
- Hosting a public website has become very simple with SharePoint 2013. It has the capability to manage pages to different devices like mobile phones and tablets. It includes features for SEO, sitemaps and URLs.
- Share Point 2013 has enhanced business intelligence. It allows you to get deeper business insights and analytics.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 has a special Power Pivot programme which allows you to work with millions of rows and columns in integration with Excel. It gives a clear picture of business metrics.
- The software has a deferred site collection upgrade. While specific site collections run under SharePoint 2010, the Share Point 2013 code is installed. You can maintain compatibility with any other custom code and applications that are built on top of Share Point.
- It provides better mobile, smartphone and tablet support compared to previous versions. It has speedy access to iPads, iPhones, Android, Blackberry and Windows phones.
- Sharing files and documents on SharePoint is touch-easy. It establishes connectivity across many users.
- Sensitive information remains safe. There is negligible data loss.
The above features render Microsoft Share point 2013 very user friendly. It has a better look and useful features which are an improvement over earlier versions. It helps to manage time and documents easily. Maintaining contact and communication is crucial to business. Accessing information quickly is a workplace necessity. SharePoint 2013 enhances all these experiences at the user-end. The business intelligence tools included in SharePoint 2013 enable business users to organize goals and processes as well as create customizable data models, reports and dashboards.
Zerone DMS Editions from Zerone Technologies provides additional features like
- OOB Workflow Templates
- Enterprise Metadata
- My Site for every employee
Stay a step ahead with Zerone HiTech: Microsoft SharePoint Partner in Qatar
The flow and ease of information and data is essential for the survival of any and all sizes of organizations. Since the launch and success of Microsoft office services there has been an increase in the innovation of new technologies and products to help with an enterprise’s day to day folder management struggles. Enterprises look forward to services that help ensure their smooth functioning while at the same time go easy on their budget. Zerone HiTech is your Microsoft SharePoint Partner in Qatar and provides you the web application platform that answers all your business intelligence challenges in the organization.
Why does SharePoint gives you a vantage?
- Services are only of any use if they put you on a better platform than before. Since organizations encompass different skill sets, Microsoft SharePoint offers wide multitasking interface to any and all kinds of users. Zerone HiTech’ SharePoint has a non-complex interface and features familiar tools so as to enhance the productivity of the enterprise by reducing implementation costs and training time.
- When it comes to enterprises, upgrading is synonymous to better efficiency. Simplification of hard jobs and ease of communicating with co-workers is constantly sought after. SharePoint gives you an immense advantage when it comes to tracking and reporting everyday business activities. Business intelligence solutions allow relevant information to be delivered when needed and Zerone offers Business Intelligence solution for multiple industries built on SharePoint 2010 as well as SharePoint 2013.
- Business Intelligence and management challenges, most often than not, require IT solutions. IT sectors in companies evaluate the business by processing huge amounts of data and by proof reading documents. This often slows down the flow of information and therefore, the efficiency of the enterprise. Zerone HiTech, Qatar offers you with SharePoint solutions that removes this very slow down. It stores, syncs, shares, collaborates your data on its own so that the IT Department dedicates more time to the high value projects that need to be looked after.
- Flexible, compatible and mold able services that smartly adjust as per the users demands. SharePoint ensures efficient management, quick information access and consistent user experience. Zerone HiTech is a Microsoft SharePoint partner in Qatar that uses a combination of Power BI, Performance Point Services, Dashboards, Reporting Services, KPIs, Scorecards and many other features in order to build a comprehensive Business intelligence solution for you.
- Give out the employees excel sheets, word docs, zip files etc. that contain information sensitive to the organization without worrying about corporate security issues. Documents you communicate and share are kept safe and integrated by Microsoft SharePoint.
Most enterprises look forward to servers and platform that easily multitask, communicate, collaborate, integrate and access data. They require this platform to stay simplistic and easily understandable by the general work force. Zerone HiTech, the preferred Microsoft SharePoint Partner in Qatar, provides SharePoint Solutions that are built on a sturdy structure that supports web services which provide open and easy application programming. The servers handle already incorporated company data and new essential added data. It handles all your clear woes by handling expenses, on point services as per your business requirements and an efficient management of business intelligence solutions.
This article excerpt originally appeared here: http://sharepointpromag.com/sh…
It would be an understatement to say that SharePoint has grown substantially as a platform in the last few iterations. One of the most important additions to the platform is native business intelligence. No longer do you need to set up lots of core infrastructure or buy third-party components; you can now just create what you need in SharePoint and start using it. Here’s how to get started with SharePoint’s BI capabilities.
One of the challenges as you begin this process is knowing what is available for your on-premises environments and what Office 365 brings to the table for your cloud solution. I wrote a short post a while back that talks about what Office 365 Power BI offers. In this post, however, we will focus on the on-premises story. So, let’s take a look at what out-of-the-box SharePoint 2013 offers or supports:
- Excel Services
- Reporting Services
- Power View
- Business Connectivity Services
These core components offer either a way to consume data, interrogate or just present data visually. Business Intelligence is not just about presenting nice little charts or dashboards, though.
Wikipedia provides this definition for for “business intelligence.”
“Business intelligence (BI) is often described as the set of techniques and tools for the transformation of raw data into meaningful and useful information for business analysis purposes. The term data surfacing is also more often associated with BI functionality. BI technologies are capable of handling large amounts of unstructured data to help identify, develop and otherwise create new strategic business opportunities. The goal of BI is to allow for the easy interpretation of these large volumes of data.”
If this is the case, then the tools that make up SharePoint Business Intelligence should let us easily interpret the data we are consuming and allow others to make informed decisions based on that data. So, let’s take a look at the services available and see what they can do for us.
Excel Services has been around for the longest within SharePoint.
Excel Services offers four core interfaces:
- Web Access Web Part, which enables you to view and interact with a live workbook by using a browser
- Excel Web Services, for programmatic access
- A representational state transfer (REST) API, for accessing workbook parts directly through a URL
These interfaces make up the core system that can be used. Behind the scenes, Excel Services is far more complex. Excel Service components are split between the application and Web server roles within SharePoint.